Holmes Chapel Station
Holmes Chapel is a pleasant village with an attractive conservation area, situated in the heart of the Cheshire countryside. The station benefits from two direct services an hour to Manchester, one via Stockport and one via Manchester Airport. Holmes Chapel is conveniently situated for walks in the picturesque Dane Valley.
The station itself has some beautiful floral displays tended by the station’s friends group. While you’re waiting for you train, why not visit the stations book share club?
The Volunteers and Friends of Holmes Chapel Railway Station and Viaduct (VFH) had their inaugural meeting on the 8th March 2016 at Holmes Chapel Railway Station and that the aims of the group are as follows:
- To promote practical environmental enhancement works especially by volunteers for the benefit of the community and train passengers.
- To publicise and raised awareness of the benefits of ‘green transport plans’, the train, and attractions of the station area and its environs to increase station ‘footfall’.
- To encourage community involvement and ownership, particularly by young people and schools, in conservation, environment and associated education artworks, poetry, competition, etc. at the station and its environs.
- To encourage local businesses to improve their own properties and in sponsoring environmental enhancements at the station area.
- To campaign for improved infrastructure facilities and services.
- To work in partnership with All stakeholders to achieve these aims.